What is it?
OptiFlex Zero is a fast-curing, two-component, bitumen-extended polyurethane fluid. It produces a highly elastic membrane with strong adhesion to many types of surfaces and excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties. It is based on a pure elastomeric hydrophobic polyurethane resin extended with chemically polymerised virgin bitumen.
- Components easily mixed 1:1 by volume.
- Fast curing
- Thick, bubble-free, membrane possible
- Being a two-component product means that the quantities not mixed can be stored for later use
- Its low modulus gives it excellent substrate crack-bridging properties
- Excellent adhesion on almost any surface, with or without the use of special primers
- No thinning is required but Solvent may be used
- Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft. Max service temperature 80 ‘C, max shock temperature 200 ‘C
- Resistance in the cold: The film remains elastic even down to -40 ‘C
- Excellent mechanical properties, high elongation, tensile and tear strength, high abrasion resistance
- Good chemical resistance
- Good water vapor barrier properties
- Can also be used as a joint sealant.
OptiFlex-Zero can only be used by a trained approved contractor.
- Gypsum and cement boards
- Polyurethane insulation foams
- Asphalt membranes
- EPDM membranes
- Bathrooms (under tiles)
- Verandas and balconies (under tiles)
- Flower pots and roof-top gardens
- Light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement
- Non-potable water tanks
- Bridge platforms
- “Cut-and-cover” tunnels
- Irrigation channels.
Clean the surface using a high-pressure washer, if possible. Remove oil, grease and wax contaminants. Cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, cured membranes, etc. must be removed.
Apply OptiFlex-Zero Primer
Mix equal volumes of the two components manually or with a low speed (300 rpm) mixer. Apply mixed quantities immediately. Pot life (of mix): 30-45min at 20 ‘C. For application by airless spraying, the mix may have to be thinned with a small quantity of Solvent, especially for low-power applicators.
Apply OptiFlex Zero (or OptiFlex Zero Detailer) locally over any cracks larger than 1 mm before the main coating.
Apply with brush, roller, spatula or airless spraying.